What is NExUS-MS?
Lead by Dr. Maria Wallace, NExUS-MS is a community (in the making) of students and faculty at the University of Southern Mississippi committed to scholarly inquiry, community-engagement, and authentic partnership across a variety of disciplines.
Who can join the NExUS-MS?
NExUS-MS group members are USM students and faculty who receive close mentorship related to research, community-engaged programming, and/or teaching science in higher education.
What can I expect from Dr. Wallace if I join NExUS-MS?
- Prompt response to questions and/or document drafts
- Leverage professional expertise to cultivate a deeper understanding of research and scholarly inquiry
- Foster positive and supportive learning experiences for community members
- Inform members about relevant funding, conference, event, and/or mentorship opportunities
- Support members as they prepare for professional products (e.g., conferences, publications, CVs, syllabi)
What does Dr. Wallace expect of NExUS-MS members?
- Use diverse multimedia platforms (e.g., Google Drive Tools, Microsoft Teams, Dropbox)
- Organize and complete several time-sensitive tasks
- Use positive and collaborative communication skills
- Hear, listen, mindfully respond, and maintain the confidentiality of diverse perspectives
- Respect the rigor and complexity inherent to research and teaching
- Be prepared for any meeting objectives collaboratively established by me, yourself, and/or other NExUS-MS group members
How can I get involved in NExUS-MS?
Review the undergraduate and graduate opportunities linked here to learn more about current a few initial ways to get involved.